GS1 EDI global standards are for electronic business messaging that allow rapid, efficient and accurate automatic electronic transmission of agreed business data between trading partners.
GS1 EDI standards provide a universal structure for electronic business messages, which enables you to communicate business data with your trading partners rapidly, efficiently, accurately and cost-effectively, irrespective of internal hardware or software packages you use. This will enable you to 'speak in the same language' as your business partners for standardised messages, including:
- Purchase orders
- Dispatch advice
- Receiving advice
This is critical for many businesses: if orders are improperly received, fulfilled, delivered or invoiced, customers may cancel or payments may be delayed or refused. Many retailers use EDI and may require you to use it to trade with them.
Automating these processes reduces the need for paper and replaces human intervention so you can:
- Increase customer satisfaction and loyalty by reducing out of stocks
- Gain competitive advantage by exchanging orders and invoices instantly
- Reduce disputes with suppliers due to accurate data
- Create electronic audit trail
- Decrease costs with fewer manual processes
For more information please contact the GS1 Support Team, phone 0800 10 23 56.